Internet of Things Vs Fleet Management!
(IoT) Internet of things is a vast environment of physical objects, device, or sensors connected with the internet. Any digital device, objects or people that have an ability to transfer data over a network medium without the need of a human to computer interaction, that can
be remotely controlled and monitor.
Fleet management is an industrial technique to organize and improve the efficiency and productivity of resources and reduce the cost control over vehicles. Thus, In Fleet Management System Internet of things is considered as an ecosystem of multiple technologies used in fleets like commodity sensors, real-time activity, wireless networks, control systems, embedded systems, and machine learning.
Working Structure of IoT With Fleet Management
- In early daysFleet operating companies doesn’t had much connectivity system. In spite of having devices like mobile phones and GPS sensors were not able to provide accurate data. Resulting issues like maintenance and lost control over the vehicle. But with the rise of IoT Technology offering several new tools like live vehicle streaming cameras, scheduling, Load Management, Driver Behaviour, and vehicle tracking have changed the working pattern of the fleet companies.
- As mentionabove different IoT enables devices or objects are used in a fleet like sensors, real-time features, etc. This object transmits real-time data over an internet-connected network. Then after this data are collected from individual vehicles and analyzed, helping both fleet operators and drivers.
- IoT generally makes use of 3 Technolgy that underpins fleet management which are RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification), GPS (Global Positioning System), OBD I (Onboard Diagnostic) and OBD II.
- RFID is used to fetch accurate and reliable information to consistently operate and manage the live behavior of the fleet. These vehicles make use of RFID tags which are hooked on fleet vehicles. Which allows detailed and automated wireless identification of these fleets.
- GPS is used to obtain a real-time route map, Route Information, Weather Information over which fleet will travel its trip.
- OBD device is used to monitor Vehicle behavior, create and generate multiple alert alarms, check on Fuel Consumption and Mileage analysis and detect a failure in vehicle machines.
Key Takeaways of Having IoT Product in Fleet Management
• Automated Functionality
One of the major advantages of IoT being used in fleet management is the capability to automate various functionality of the vehicle. The device in the vehicles is interconnected with IoT systems both integrating parallel to each other so that clients can easily understand and create a daily working flow to manage there logistics process and overall trip planning. IoT helps logistics company to remote or track fleet at any time any place. Not only that automated process helps the driver to live check the condition of the vehicle, receives weather warning, and automatic rerouting in an emergency.
• Better Analysis
The various sensors in vehicles are connected with IoT system gives accurate information which helps fleet management companies to get useful information about vehicle running speed, vehicle idling status, fuel consumption, and driver behavior. Better analysis features play an important role in improving performance and taking accurate decision related to processes and equipment.
• Competitive Benefits
Those who have early adopted IoT in their fleet management process are enjoying the distinctive advantage of this technology and are way ahead from there competitors. IoT reduces the overall vehicle maintenance cost by improving the performance and the productivity of the fleet. Mainly the data received from using IoT helps fleet management companies to make quick decisions and also make instant improvements in there working pattern. Thus, one can say that in the upcoming years the Internet of Things will be the lifeline of the fleet management industry.