The driver is one who is the most affected and at the same time responsible for fleet safety during a trip. For his safety it’s important to take care of fleet condition, for which as a fleet manager or owner, you will have options to track the fleet movement or any other problems during a trip. You may also provide immediate help to drivers and fleet in case of emergency. But, what can you do to prevent major damages before the beginning of the trip?
The only solution here is to check the fleet before starting a trip. We require a properly listed checklist. This checklist can be then submitted to the fleet manager for his records. This is a manual process, and it is difficult to maintain all the records.
So, here we will talk about DVIR that will manage fleet inspection digitally.
What is DVIR?
DVIR is the abbreviation of the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report, as its name suggests, is used to create an efficient report for vehicles inspected by the driver. It helps the driver to create a checklist and follow them properly.
The manager can also monitor this process at the same time. So, it will ensure fleet safety.
Why do we need this?
Commercial fleet requires daily fleet inspection for having a safer trip. Inspection, report submission, and managing data was a time-consuming task. Moreover, managers will not know of the inspection until the report is submitted by the driver. It was also difficult for the driver to give proof regarding the damages that occurred before beginning the trip.
The DVIR helps to solve the problem of driver and manager. Here, the driver can capture the image of the affected area and attach them to the report, and the manager will know about the damages that occurred.
The driver will have to add an inspection report of pre-trip and post-trip in the app. This will help to ensure the fleet’s condition.
What can driver check with DVIR?
We can include any parts that can be physically checked in the checklist. Mainly driver has to inspect:
- Rearview mirrors
- Fluid levels in the fleet
- Safety equipment
How DVIR works?
DVIR works with simple steps which include:
- Inspecting: The drivers have to move around the fleet and check every part according to the checklist in the app
- Reporting: After inspecting, drivers will report the errors found in the fleet
- Error corrections: The technician will repair the defects, then the driver will mention it in the report.
How is this beneficial?
- Reduces future damages of fleet
- Fleet inspection is easier and faster as it works on your mobile device
- Paperless work helps to maintain data easily
- Data is updated in real-time, as inspecting and reporting is processed at the same time
- Helps managers to know the asset defects and missed inspections.
We all believe to take precautions instead of solving the errors occurred, and with DVIR we take precautions for our fleet. It not only ensures fleet and driver safety but also helps you provide better customer services.